Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The First Post

So, I suppose the usual purpose of a blog is to get people to read it. If that's the case, here is why you should come back to mine:

I will be funny.
I will be offensive.
I will be honest.

No Teleprompter Required is a nod to Rush Limbaugh, who, either during or just before his speech at CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) pointed out the difference between himself and Mr. Obama -- one of them can speak for hours about his opinions, beliefs and knowledge "off the cuff" while the other has to read off a Teleprompter.

Now, I realize all Presidents use speechwriters and present their speeches with notes of one kind or another. I believe that the greater point of Rush Limbaugh's comparison, however, is the difference between conservatives and liberals. That difference is: one holds a philosophy that can be proudly spoken out loud (We believe in liberty, individuality, personal responsibility, a strong defense, etc.) while the other holds a philosophy that must be obfuscated to sell to the masses (They believe in government control, sameness, blaming others whenever possible, kowtowing to foreign aggressors.)

Conservatives believe in results. Liberals believe in good intentions.

Like Rush Limbaugh giving his long speech with no Teleprompter, this blog will be about telling you what I really believe and know, not an attempt to manipulate you into agreeing with me with sophistry and rhetoric. I am not a down-the-line Republican, and if I ever called Rush's show he would berate me for my Atheism. I'm okay with that, and I won't pretend to be religious to make myself more popular with fellow conservatives.

I don't vote Republican because I'm a Republican. I vote Republican because the U.S. cannot afford -- as we are learning right now -- liberal Democrats in power.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Matt

    Good luck with your blog and your writing aspirations. Regards
    http://digg-it-daily.blogspot.com/2009/03/blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. Once again, you are welcome to participate in our forum. We're neither a conservative or liberal blog. We welcome all points of view. We hope that at the end of the day, both groups will learn something from the other, and be able to fashion innovative solutions to problems. Come check us out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your blog!

    ... and with your world dominance aspirations ;D

    http://the1000000project.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete